Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Thank you to all our supporters!

I was recently speaking with a woman who attends bible study with me at Bethel. She’s been struggling for a few years to find a job that is full-time and can consistently pay her. She is a real life example of the statistics you hear about. Last month, she had to move out of her apartment to live with a friend. She just couldn’t afford to pay bills by herself.

It made me think about the desperateness I hear about everyday on the news. The stable jobs, home values, and 401Ks that people once thought were their security are now falling from under them.

Over the years that Nes and I have been involved in ministry, I have longed at times for a stable job, predictable paychecks, a 401K and no need to solicit for support. But time and time again, God has shown me that He is in control. We have never had to fail in paying a bill. Most of all, God has taught me to find my security in Him.

It is true, we never know what we will have on our check from month to month. But I see that now as a huge blessing. I have had to learn to trust that it will be enough. And it has been.

As the economy of our country and the world struggles, I don’t feel afraid.
What amazes me even more, is that our support level has not dipped like the stock market. Many of you have supported us monthly, with one-time gifts or by giving your time to mentor us or work on our house. This has not declined. In some cases you have increased your support.

God is totally in control and we praise Him for giving you to us and for giving all of us what we need.

Thank you for who you are to us. We appreciate everything, including all the prayers. Last week we were visiting my home church in Grantham, PA and someone told us she had just been praying for us the night before. I was humbled and amazed. God is truly caring for us!

No comments: